CTL Transportation Management
The Transportation Cost Management process was originally developed by GE to control its transportation activities. It is a proven system which allows Transportation Specialists to re-direct focus from tactical operations to strategic planning.
This management process combines four crucial aspects of transportation into an effective system that will produce solid gains in price reduction, carrier selection, freight payment, and performance measurement and evaluation. Combining these four elements is the key to driving continuous productivity improvement in the transportation management process.
Capitalize on the Benefits of Consolidated Price Negotiations
- CTL’s consortium of clients allows for greater pricing reductions with the carriers.
- CTL delivers volume pricing, in multiple modes, to keep your company competitive.
- CTL carriers are quality carriers – usually first or second in their markets.
- 8 – 15% lower than market price.
- Maintain or improve service to customers.
Maximize Savings and Productivity
Our easy-to-use shipping software (TransRater) optimizes carrier selection, transit times, and price.
- Balances customer service needs while maintaining savings.
- Accessible by any department for communication of savings
- Enterprise-wide communication of savings.
Freight Audit and Payment
Simplify Costly Processing Functions
Your freight bills are consolidated into one, easy-to-read weekly invoice that is accessible on-line, real time.
- Improves cash flow, reduces duplicate payments and overcharges (average savings: 4-8%).
- Improves productivity – captures general ledger requirements, allocations, and accruals.
Measure and Evaluate Your Performance
CTL management reports capture your shipping patterns and identifies potential future savings.
- Timely, accurate transportation performance reports.
- Opportunity analysis for additional savings.
- Root-cause analysis for changes in expenditures.